Term Length: Annual Session 2024 - Annual Session 2025
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings below and conference calls when necessary.
- Will complete projects or resolutions assigned by the House of Delegates or Board of Trustees.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Experience serving on the Council on Membership is strongly preferred.
Estimated Time Commitment
Estimated time commitment is 6 hours/month which includes council calls and action items. Certain months may require more time such as those to review Gold Crown applications, Membership Outreach Grant applications, and the ASDA Fever challenge.
Must attend and actively participate in the following meetings:
- April 13-14, 2024: In-person Spring Council Meeting (Chicago, IL)
- September 21-22, 2024: Fall Council Meeting (Virtual)
- February 2025: In-person ASDA Annual Session (TBD)
National leaders must participate fully (whether it be virtual or in-person) in council business via email, meet deadlines, and attend all council calls.
Funding for required in-person meetings includes: transportation to/from meetings, meals, hotel accommodations, a per diem based on the length of the meeting and reimbursement for baggage fees.
Member recruitment and engagement strategy
- Assists in developing new virtual resources and benefits for chapters to use in recruitment and retention efforts.
- Awards the Membership Outreach Grant
- Supervises the activities of the Council on Membership.
- Approves all council meeting agendas and minutes.
- Mentors council associates.
- Assists with orientation and transition of new council members.