* available only to predoctoral members
ADA Members Disability Insurance, issued by Great West Financial
As an ADA student member, the ADA offers no-cost disability insurance to you during dental school and residency. You just need to request it. This coverage includes:
$2,000/month of disability insurance for up to seven years to help pay living expenses during a period of disability due to injury or illness
- Up to $2,000/month (up to $150,000 total) to help repay student loans if you become disabled and are unable to perform the normal duties of a dental student
Request this no cost coverage by following the prompts at insurance.ada.org/RegisterNow.
After you complete your dental education, the coverage remains at no cost through December 31 of the year you graduate. You then have the option to convert your student member disability coverage to two ADA disability insurance plans for practicing ADA members by simply paying the premiums when you receive your invoice in December and maintain an active ADA membership.
Visit insurance.ada.org, call 855.411.5197 or email for more information and to learn about coverage provisions, limitations, terms for keeping coverage in force and the option to convert to member coverage after graduation at competitive rates for ADA members.
*available only to predoctoral members
ADA Student Members Life Insurance, issued by Great-West Financial
The ADA offers no-cost term life insurance to you during school and residency as a benefit of ADA student membership. This important coverage includes:
- $50,000 of Term Life insurance*
- $50,000 of Accidental Death insurance*
*This coverage automatically doubles to $100,000 on July 1 of the year you graduate.
But, you must take action. To request the no-cost life insurance for ADA student members visit insurance.ada.org/RegisterNow and follow the prompts. You can also apply for additional coverage, up to $500,000, at any time for yourself or your spouse and pay low rates for ADA members.
After you complete your dental education, the student coverage remains at no cost through December 31 of the year of graduation. You then have the option to keep your life insurance as a practicing dentist by paying your premium when you receive your invoice in December and maintain an active ADA membership.
Visit insurance.ada.org, call 855.411.5197 or email for more information and to learn about coverage provisions, limitations, terms for keeping coverage in force and the option to convert to member coverage after graduation at exclusive ADA member premiums.
CommonBond’s dental school loan could save you thousands compared to a federal loan. It only takes moments to see your estimated rate, with no impact on you credit score.*
Benefits & Protections with a CommonBond Dental Loan:
See my rate
- Savings: Rates that beat the Federal Grad PLUS loan
- Exclusive Offer: ASDA Members receive a $100 bonus
- Flexibility: Six-month grace period after graduation and ability to fully defer payments while in dental school and residency
- Protections: We offer 12 months of forbearance, which means you can press pause on your payments, if needed
- Independence: No Cosigner Required
- Death & Disability Forgiveness: In the event of death or total & permanent disability, your CommonBond loan will be cancelled and will not be passed on to anyone else
*When you check your rates, CommonBond conducts a soft credit pull that will not affect your credit score. However if you continue your application, we will request your permission to obtain your full credit report from one or more consumer reporting agencies. This is a hard credit pull and may affect your credit score.
Offered terms subject to change and state law restriction. Loans are offered through CommonBond Lending, LLC (NMLS#1175900).
ASDA members could receive a special discount off GEICO’s low auto insurance rates. Find out how much you could save today! Browse or call 1-800-368-2734 for a free, no-obligation rate quote. Remember that each quote helps support ASDA’s programs and events.
Not available for international members.
As a dental student, you may need malpractice insurance before you even graduate dental school. Dental students taking their board exams or planning to do externships should make sure they have adequate coverage for these risks. To make it simple, MedPro offers dental students free, comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage for these two steps in your career.
How does it work?
- Coverage is written on an Occurrence policy – which means you don’t have to purchase tail coverage when the policy cancels
- Coverage is free for up to 60 days of board exams and/or externships
- For example, if you plan to do multiple externships over the course of a year, coverage is free as long as the total days spent externing is 60 days or less
- Applying for coverage is simple! Download MedPro’s one-page application found here and email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a new dentist, ASDA members will receive an exclusive discount on their malpractice insurance policy with MedPro Group, the nation’s leading dental malpractice insurance company. A MedPro malpractice insurance policy offers:
- Choice of Occurrence and Claims made coverage
- Pure consent to settle — no claim will be settled without the dentist’s consent
- National coverage so you can move anywhere in the U.S. without interrupting your coverage
- Experience of a Berkshire Hathaway company that has specialized in malpractice insurance since 1899
For more information, please contact the MedPro dental student team via email
, at 800-463-3776, x 119660, or visit the website
*Product availability is based upon business and regulatory approval and may differ among companies.
Office Depot and OfficeMax are now ONE company! ASDA Members can save up to 80% off on more than 93,000 products. Great for your printing, cleaning and school supply needs. Shop online or in stores. Enjoy FREE next-day delivery on online orders over $50! Start shopping or print off a FREE Store Purchasing Card.