The ASDA Distinguished Leader Award recognizes a fourth-year dental student who has made significant contributions to his or her ASDA chapter. The award is open to predoctoral students graduating in 2019, and each ASDA chapter can nominate one member for consideration.
The recipient will receive a $1,000 honorarium, plus airfare, hotel and registration for the 2018 National Leader Conference to receive the award.
Criteria and eligibility for nominee:
- Must be a predoctoral ASDA member graduating in 2019.
- Current and past ASDA national leaders are not eligible to be nominated.
How to submit:
The application period for this award has closed.
Deadlines and important dates:
- June 29, 2018: Nomination materials are due to the ASDA central office. Nominees will be asked to submit a CV and photo.
- July 21-23, 2018: Board of Trustees will select award recipient. He or she will be notified by July 28, 2018.
- Nov. 16-18, 2018: Award presented during National Leadership Conference.
Congratulations to Hakan Gem, Washington '18
, the recipient of the 2017 award. Hakan accepted his award during ASDA's National Leadership Conference in Chicago on Nov. 18, 2017.
Questions? Contact Keely O'Sullivan Kurtz, advocacy and policy manager.